Friday 4 April 2014

Welcome to the GCSE Overviews blog!

I am a secondary school student living in London, and the purpose of this blog is really to consolidate my own knowledge on certain GCSE topics, simply for my own development. However, if you are (like me) a GCSE student who may be struggling with certain topic areas, I hope you find my materials worthy of review, and that you find them useful. Yes, there are millions of websites, online resources and books you can read on this topic, but the aim of this blog is to provide (hopefully) a unique method of revision, whereby each subject has a quick 'overview' which you can read over and see if you understand it. If it happens that you don't understand the overview, or parts of it, you can read a more comprehensive analysis specifically relating to certain issues you may have.

Just to give you a perspective of my educational background, and how I am actually able to do this blog to a good standard (and thus not give you any false information, which could completely screw you over for the coming exams), I am a top achieving student in my school. For all of my subjects, my predicted grades are A*'s, with the exception of Chemistry and Physics (predicted A for both). I achieved an A in statistics in year 9, an A in biology last year, an A* in Maths last year as well as an A* in English Language. This year, I will be doing Additional Mathematics (which, as far as I know, isn't an actual 'GCSE', but a bridge between A level and GCSE), Chemistry, Physics, English, History, Music, Resistant Materials and Spanish.

It does sound rather cocky, but it's only there so you know that it's coming from a decent source. I hope you find this useful to read, and please leave some comments if you find any errors in my writings or anything you think can be added/improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment